Russia requires proof of medical insurance that is valid in Russia. While you may have medical insurance that is valid in Russia, it will also be provided at no extra charge by our travel company partner (Volzhsky Travel Agency). Following is a translation of the most important parts of the medical insurance contract:
ECONOM-C1.A55 option: medical expenses, except expenses for emergency dental care; expenses on medical transportation; repatriation of a body in case of death; need for early return because of an emergency medical situation; providing administrative assistance, obtaining medical information.
Medical expenses (except for dental care):
1) Out-patient care — emergency treatment, necessary medical and diagnostic procedures ordered by the doctor in Russia; medicine; bandage, means of fixing (for out-patient care no more than 2 visits of the doctor and two bandagings).
2) Hospitalization — emergency treatment, necessary medical and diagnostic procedures ordered by the doctor in Russia; medicine; bandage, means of fixing (except for expenses on artificial limbs and metalwork).
3) Expenses on stay of the relative of the insured in hospital in cases, when necessary according to the medical instruction.
1) Transportation of the insured, except for social and not medical means of transport, to the nearest medical institution for delivery of health care (a type of transport: a taxi, an ambulance — depending on an objective condition of the patient as defined by the doctor).
2) Evacuation of the insured, according to the recommendation of the doctor, from the medical institution where he was brought to a medical institution equipped for treatment of this specific illness, including a hospital in the country from which the Insured comes. Sanitary aircraft is used in exceptional cases if the state of the Insured doesn’t allow use of other vehicles. The limit of expenses of transportation is $10,000.
Additional Medical Insurance: If you would like to have additional medical coverage while in Russia, you may want to consider the purchase of Travel Medical Emergency Insurance. This is not offered by Volga German Tours. One such company that provides such insurance is AIG (http://www.travelguard.com/). You can contact them to purchase this sort of insurance. Neither Dr. Mai nor Dr. Koretnikov has any affiliation with AIG, and neither receives any compensation from AIG. It is only offered as an example. You are free to choose any company that provides such coverage.